Work-life balance is imperative in every industry – and entrepreneurs are no different, argues ARMI. With entrepreneurs toiling over and above the average working hours, ARMI are tackling the subject of work-life balance for entrepreneurs.
Direct marketing specialists ARMI believe that achieving the right work-life balance is imperative for every business professional. In the U.S., workers receive about 15 days off a year, with only about 73% of allotted vacation time being taken, according to a 2015 survey from expedia.com. A lack of work-life balance can be particularly disheartening for entrepreneurs, many of whom have chosen self-employment to try and achieve a better life for themselves and to be in control of their time. ARMI believes that implementing a few small changes can help every entrepreneur gain a healthier work-life balance.
These small changes include:
- Have a nutritious and healthy diet – this will ensure that an entrepreneur has enough energy to get everything done, plus eating the right types of food will also help with mood and motivation levels
- Keep moving around – more and more evidence is showing that sitting down is harmful for a person’s health. Productivity levels will be improved by getting up and moving around for a few minutes every hour or so
- Take breaks to restore mental energy levels – the brain naturally needs a break every 90-120 minutes to function at its maximum capacity. Mini-breaks throughout the day to keep the brain working at its best
- Have a good posture – a bad posture will cause aches and tension throughout the body, which will hurt productivity levels and concentration
- Take 30 minutes out of every day – a positive habit to start is to take a whole 30 minutes dedicate to personal time out of each working day. This time will help manage stress levels better and help an entrepreneur to refocus and revitalize.
- Maintain a positive attitude – keep focusing on what can be controlled and don’t get over-stressed about uncontrollables.